On September 27th, the Better Together Fairbanks campaign will kick off at Fairbanks Memorial Hospital (FMH). For 2014, the campaigns for the United Way and the Greater Fairbanks Community Hospital Foundation will be combined at FMH. Employees will have the option of contributing to United Way, the Hospital Foundation or both. In addition, employees will still be able to contribute to the Hospital Foundation through their United Way donation.
Grounded in the belief that we can accomplish more together, Better Together Fairbanks promotes a spirit of philanthropy among employees and gives employees the opportunity to make a charitable gift and make a difference. If employees choose to donate to the Hospital Foundation, some of the programs and services supported by that donation include:
- Circle of Hope Campaign: Donations benefit the Breast Cancer Project at FMH.
- J. Michael Carroll Cancer Center: Donations are used to support cancer patients and their families.
- Denali Center: Donations are used for programs at the comprehensive short- and long-term care facility.
- Diabetes Program: Donations are used to support diabetes patients and their families in the Fairbanks area.
- Hospice Services: Donations provide support to terminally ill patients, their families and loved ones.
- Porter Heart Center: Donations help provide comprehensive cardiac care for the Fairbanks area.
We hope that all FMH employees will consider a donation to the Greater Fairbanks Community Hospital Foundation — because we are truly BETTER TOGETHER!